Sunday 20 March 2011

Booting up and polishing off

In a fit of economic forward-thinking last year, I bought three pairs of leather boots from the local farm instead of just one. The first pair is looking very tired now, having been worn every day since last May and the second has just been brought into play. These guys were a bit dusty and unloved-looking so I decided to polish them before letting them start their career underfoot.

Out came the Kiwi Black polish, the application sponge and the buffing brush.  A good old-fashioned boot polishing session followed and though I say it myself, it was a job well done. Lovely shine.  I thought "Perhaps I'll make the first pair go a bit longer after all. Don't want to see these covered in Hoss Deposits, mud and dust, not yet."

It occurred to me to polish the original set, which I did. Seemed a bit of a waste not to do the third pair, so I set to work yet again.  Looked at the time and realised I was late for a meeting with a friend, so I set out my footwear in a row on the washing machine (where else? It was the only free surface) and dashed off.

I just got in from the visit and looked smugly at my handiwork: six boots, all lined up and ready for action.
Two black pairs and one ...

Well, the two boots at the end of the line-up are a sort of black. Trouble is, the boot-leather is actually brown.  That'll teach me to do the job in a decent light.  The effect is quite attractive, however, so I'm not going to try to correct the error.

This could start a new fashion.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest it could have been worse. I was half expecting you to have worn one old boot and a new one.

    ReplyDelete