Tuesday 15 March 2011

Prima Luce

What is it with days off?  Three o'clock in the morning and I'm wide awake and mentally making a list of things that need doing when I get back to work on Thursday.
Go away, I told the List.
It went and was replaced by the thought that maybe I should arrange to see Mrs M next week and bring forward Mr S to this week.
Go away, I told the thought, and turned over in bed with a grumpy thump of the pillows.
It did and its place was filled by a weird scenario in which several types of inhalers presented themselves in my mind, each one telling me what it could do.
Go a-bloody-WAY I said, out loud this time and then told them all what they could do.
It's three in the morning, I'm on a day off and I want to sleep.
By now, of course, the List and the Thought and a group of inhalers were all mixing and mingling and having a ruddy party behind my back so with a HUGE sigh I gave in and got up.
Downstairs I read my e-mails from New Zealand (really funny, needed that laugh) gave the HKCs an early breakfast to shut them up and had the ubiquitous cup of tea.
An hour or so later and my eyelids are getting fond of one another again (the upper and lower ones of each other, not left and right, don't be ridiculous) and my thoughts are beginning to drift.
This is a Good Sign.
It means I can now go back to bed and get some sleep.
Hope I left my electric blanket on
Hope the party that was going on behind my back has now ended and List, Thought and Group have all disappeared.
Hope I miss seeing First Light.
But I'll be up and about later, I've got a very busy Day Off ahead.

1 comment: