Sunday 6 March 2011

Caught On Camera

I'm sitting here enjoying the open fire and watching (on-line as I have no working television) the Antiques Roadshow. Quite unexpectedly an ex-neighbour of mine just appeared on the screen being told about a pretty 1770's chiming watch that's been in her family for generations.  I haven't seen Hen for ages but years ago we shared a wall when our farm cottages backed on to one another. We've both moved on since then - from the looks of things she's headed further West (I think TAR is coming from Dartmouth)  whereas I just skipped down the road a couple of miles.

Good to know you're still alive, Hen, and looking so well. I wonder how many others who knew you from round here saw you quite by accident this evening?

I can feel a short story coming on ...

4 comments:

  1. It's still incredible that people have objects in their possession about which they know very little. With so many of these programmes on our TVs (or monitors in your case!), you'd think we'd have everything priced and labelled up - with a fully history typed and filed away safely.

    I hope Hen was pleasantly surprised by the expert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be weird to see an old friend like that and not be able to contact them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw her, I think. Was she the lady that had other things with it too that were not connected to the watch at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite progs. I look forward to the day when someone says, "oh, goodie, I'll sell it then" instead of vowing they will never get rid of it.
    And - here's the good news - you have been nominated for the Stylish Blogger Award for originality! Mind you - you have to work for it. Details on my blog.

    ReplyDelete